Nominated staff play a significant role in the successful evacuation of premises. Our courses provide a comprehensive guide for fire wardens and fire marshals, providing them with a thorough understanding of their responsibilities and helping to give them the confidence to carry out their roles successfully.
Fire Warden Training Course Content
Our specially designed Fire Warden and Marshal Training Course aims to provide delegates with a basic understanding of fire, fire procedures, fire survival techniques and the role and responsibilities of the Fire Warden or Marshal. Using a combination of classroom and practical sessions the course takes delegates through the correct course of action to follow in the event of an emergency. Topics covered include:
- Presentation of general fire safety in the workplace and in the home
- Actions required during a fire evacuation if a fire is discovered and the alarm is raised
- Role & responsibilities of the fire marshal/warden under the Fire Safety Order 2005
- Human behaviour in fires
- Basic theory of combustion, why and how things burn
- Understanding the speed of fire spread and the need for rapid response
- Basic fire prevention measures
- Types of fire extinguishers and their uses
- Understanding when it is expedient to attempt to tackle a fire and when an evacuation should be expedited
- The dangers of heat, smoke and flames
- Practical fire extinguisher demonstration and use of fire extinguishers by course attendees
The course lasts 3 hours and can include a maximum number of 15 delegates.
For more details please call 0845 058 9999 or send an enquiry.
Tailored Fire Warden Training Courses
In addition to our standard courses we are able to offer an exclusive course tailored around your emergency plan, specific staff roles or other key requirements of your organisation. Training is available at your own offices or at a suitable specified location of your choice.
All our trainers are highly experienced in a variety of fire safety disciplines, gained from extensive careers in fire safety management and as qualified fire fighters.
To find out more contact us on 0845 058 9999 or email an enquiry for further information.