This introductory course uses a mix of classroom and practical sessions to provide attendees with an awareness of fire safety and give them the basic skills, knowledge and confidence to safely and effectively use a variety of fire extinguisher types to tackle burning materials.
It is ideal for inducting new staff, or as a periodic refresher of fire safety knowledge.
- Presentation of general fire safety in the workplace and in the home
- Actions required during a fire evacuation if a fire is discovered, and the alarm is raised
- Basic theory of combustion, why and how things burn
- Basic fire prevention measures
- Types of fire extinguishers and their uses
- The dangers of heat, smoke and flame
- Video film showing how rapidly a fire can spread
- Practical fire extinguisher demonstration and the use of fire extinguishers by course participants
The course lasts 1½ hours and can include a maximum number of 15 delegates.
All our trainers are highly experienced in a variety of fire safety disciplines, gained from extensive careers in fire safety management and as qualified fire fighters.
To find out more contact us on 0845 058 9999 or email an enquiry for further information.