If your property contains water systems or water related plant, you are required by law to manage the risks from legionella.
We have a dedicated team of water safety specialists providing coverage nationwide. They can help identify and manage any legionella risks within your property ensuring you are not only compliant with legislation but that the risk of an outbreak of legionella is minimised.
Water Risk Assessment
The Approved Code of Practice L8 requires dutyholders to identify and assess any sources of risk from legionella including checking whether conditions exist which will encourage bacteria to multiply.
Our Water Risk Assessments will help you to identify potential hazards within your water systems and recommend actions to reduce the risk of legionella outbreaks.
This includes a full and detailed assessment of all water related plant including:
- Mains cold water systems
- Cold water storage
- Hot water systems (including storage cylinders)
- Supply pipework
- Pumping systems
- Shower units
- Cooling towers and evaporative condensers
- Air conditioning systems
- Irrigation systems
- Other risk systems including spa baths, water softeners, foggers/water misting systems, spray humidifiers, water coolant systems & recirculating vehicle washers.
Water Safety Training
Our courses aim to help responsible and appointed persons identify potential legionella risks in their water systems. If you are responsible for a retail property, or employ staff who work with water systems such as plumbers or sprinkler engineers, we can help you gain a greater understanding of your specific responsibilities and ways to reduce your risks.
Our Legionella Risk Awareness Course is ideal for increasing your knowledge of legionella, understanding your requirements and being able to implement preventative measures. The course lasts 4 hours and includes:
- An overview of the legislation, British Standards and guidance
- Awareness of favourable conditions for legionella survival and growth
- Guidance on Water Risk Assessments
- Monitoring regimes and management requirements
Our full day Managing and Controlling the Risks of Legionnaires’ Disease Course is suitable for those requiring more detailed water safety training. This course includes a more in-depth look at the subjects above, as well as specific advice concerning more complex plant equipment such as cooling towers, air conditioning units, evaporative condensers and higher risk water systems.
Water Safety Consultancy
We can help with additional water safety consultancy and advice.
Sometimes specialist advice may be required to help in planning water safety strategies, developing and implementing management and monitoring regimes or with specific issues affecting an individual retail unit.
We are happy to provide advice regarding:
- Water system schematics
- Action plans
- Guidance on treatment required
- Specification & implementation of monitoring programmes
- Interpretation of water sample results
- Log books to record monitoring actions
Please contact us on 0845 058 9999 for further information.